How to make Lentil Sloppy Joes Easy and fast!
I am trying to be more carb focused in 2021 – so enter in Lentils. I learned that does not necessary mean eat more bread…though I do love bread even if my body does not!
Lentil’s are a carb that is good for your body AND is full of protein. It is because of that protein that you feel full and satisfied. If you try out this recipe please let me know! I love to eat it over Baked Sweet Potatoes or Bake Potatoes personally…how would you eat yours?
Lentil Sloppy Joes
- 1 and 1/2 cup dry brown lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped in Chop n Prep
- 2 tsp salt and pepper blend of your choice
- 1 (15 oz) jar or can of tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- Rinse lentils and place in base of the Tupperware Microwave Pressure Cooker and add water.
- Chop up onion with the Chop n Prep and add to lentils and water.
- Add your salt and pepper blend of your choice
- Seal and Latch the Pressure Cooker to microwave on high for 22 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and allow the pressure to go down naturally until pressure indicator is fully lowered. Usually takes between 8-10 minutes
- While pressure is releasing combine remaining ingredients in 1 qt or 6 and 3/4 cup Vent n Serve.
- Microwave on high power for 3 minutes
- Stir in tomato mixture into lentils and serve warm on desired potato or bun
If you would like to always be in the know of Tupperware and future recipes please subscribe to my email newsletter that goes out 2-3 times a month by clicking this link: Subscribe now
If you do not have the items used and would like to purchase them feel free to Shop at my site and message me with any questions
Support my local Tupperware business by purchasing any of the items above by using the product name in the search when you shop my site:
- Tupperware Pressure Cooker
- Micro Pitcher Set- What I use for my liquid measurements
- Vent n Serve 7 pc Set- The Vent n Serve used is exclusive to this set
- Silicone Spatula
- Simple Spoon – This spoon is a little different than shown but will help just the same!
- Measuring Cups and Spoons