23 Minute Beer Cheese Soup!
This Beer Cheese soup was AMAZING! Let me share why I wanted to make it so much. Every year on Labor Day we would go to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. One of the favorite foods we would always have for lunch was Beer Cheese Soup in a bread bowl. This year we were unable to go to the Festival…but I still wanted to create a memory for our family!
I was able to recreate this amazing soup using the Tupperware Pressure Cooker! I hope you and yours enjoy it as much as our family did!
- 3/4 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 small sweet onion
- 8 baby carrots or 1 large carrot
- 3/4 large Red bell Pepper or 1 small one
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cup Vegetable Broth (can use 3 tsp Better than Bouillon Vegetable broth + 3 cups water too)
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 9 oz can of beer (I used Miller Genuine – letting it sit out to let the foam go away for around 20 minutes)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese finely shredded in the Grate Master Shredder + a little extra for the soup when serving
- 3 oz of a brick of Low Fat Cream Cheese
- Optional: Bread bowl found in your grocery store (at least that is where I found mine!)
Step 1: Take the butter and cut it up into small chunks. Place it on the bottom of the Tupperware Pressure Cooker
Step 2: In the Power Chef put in 1 small onion quartered, the Red Pepper, Garlic and Carrot.
Step 3: Pull until finally diced and add to the bottom of the Pressure Cooker
Step 4: In the Pressure Cooker add the flour, broth, liquid smoke, beer (be sure the foam is gone) and heavy whipping cream, Old Bay Seasoning, Thyme, Nutmeg and Worcestershire sauce.
Step 5: Cover and lock the Pressure Cooker into place and microwave for 20-25 minutes. (I cooked ours for 23 minutes)
Step 6: While the soup is cooking freshly grate the cheese using the fine shredding attachment of the Grate Master Shredder and take out the cream cheese to soften while waiting
Step 7: After the soup is done cooking in the microwave let it depressurize for 5-10 minutes. You will know it is safe to open when the bulb goes down on the Pressure Cooker
Step 8: Add the Cream Cheese and Shredded cheese to the depressurized soup
Step 9: Stir the cheese until combined and let thicken for about 5 minutes. I used a whisk to help with breaking up the cheese as well.
Serve in your favorite Tupperware bowl or Bread Bowl from your local bakery!
If you would like to always be in the know of Tupperware and future recipes please subscribe to my email newsletter that goes out 2-3 times a month by clicking this link: Subscribe now
If you do not have the items used and would like to purchase them feel free to Shop at my site and message me with any questions
Support my local Tupperware business by purchasing any of the items above by using the product name in the search when you shop my site:
- Pressure Cooker –
- Simple Spoon
- Grate Master Shredder + Base
- Power Chef
- Measuring Cups and Spoons