Cooking with Friends: Apple, Sausage & Sweet Potato Hash
Its Apple Season….and Sometimes you JUST feel like having Breakfast for dinner don’t you? With fall upon us this is the PERFECT time to have apples in the mix!
This recipe comes from my health coach McKayla Cole and the meal plans that she has developed! I have personally lost 10 lbs since joining her meal plan service where she makes customized meal plans that my whole family can eat. This has been extremely helpful as my doctor shared for health reasons I couldn’t go on a diet, but rather, do a complete lifestyle change. For you to check out her plans please go to https://www.kayjofitness.com and let her know I sent you!
I go live from our Facebook Page with how to make it and share it all here as well!
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1lb Turkey Sausage (pre-made or you can make your own)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1 c red onion diced
- 1tsp dried sage
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Ingredients to make your own Turkey Sausage – Will only need 1/2 the recipe. Can freeze the rest!:
- 2 lbs ground turkey – 93% lean is my preference
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 2 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- If making own sausage prepare at least 4 hours to a day ahead of time for all the spices to come together!
Day you want to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Take Sausage and brown using the Stack Cooker Colander inside the 3 qt and using the cover for 3-5 minutes. No olive oil needed. If do not have a Stack Cooker can brown on stove until heated through with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Dice up the sweet potato and apple to about the same size so they cook at the same rate using the Universal Chef Knife.
- Dice up the red onion using the SuperSonic Compact.
- On Ultra Pro Lasagna Pan Cover place the apple, sweet potato, onion and sage into the Microwave for 5 minutes on high to start the cooking process.
- Add the cooked sausage to the Ultra Pro Lasagna Pan and add it to the oven. (Yes! It can go in both!) for 10 minutes stirring at 5 minute intervals or until sweet potato are cooked through.
- If do not have Ultra Pro Lasagna pan use a foil lined sheet pan and cook for 20-25 minutes staring every 10 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!
If you would like to always be in the know of Tupperware and future recipes please subscribe to my email newsletter that goes out 2-3 times a month by clicking this link: Subscribe now
If you do not have the items used and would like to purchase them feel free to Shop at my site and message me with any questions
Feel free to tag us on social too on Facebook or Instagram We would love to see your results and hear how yummy they are! Feel free to share these recipes with a friend!
Support my local Tupperware business by purchasing any of the items above by using the product name in the search when you shop my site:
- Stack Cooker
- Universal Chef Knife
- Measuring Mates Set
- Ultimate Mixing Bowls – here through October 26, 2022
- Ultra Pro Lasagna Pan
- Super Sonic Compact