How to make Creamy Corn, Yellow Squash, and Bacon Chowder in minutes!
What does Corn, Bacon, Heavy Cream and Yellow Squash have in common…yummy goodness! Check out how to make this Creamy Corn, Zucchini/Yellow Squash and Bacon Chowder in minutes if you dare!
- 1/2 of Yellow Onion
- 1 Medium Zucchini or Yellow Squash chopped in the Power Chef or SuperSonic Extra
- 2-3 cups of Yellow corn kernels (from about 2 ears of corn or if using frozen thawed)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic chopped in the SuperSonic Compact
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme OR 1 tsp dried Thyme. Fresh is best though!
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup chopped)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 and 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Kosher Salt and black pepper to taste
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoon of salted butter
- 2-3 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled to use to top the chowder (if you eliminate this it is it can be a vegetarian dish too)
How to create the yumminess!
Step 1: Chop up the onions in the Chop n Prep or SuperSonic Compact.
Step 2: If using fresh Thyme remove the leaves using the Garlic Press or the 5 in 1 Universal Peeler holes.
Step 3: Chop up the Squash or Zucchini using the Power Chef or the SuperSonic Extra.
Step 4 To remove the kernels from the cob of corn first shuck the corn. Then you can use the Mandolin in setting 2 or 3. Place the ear of the corn carefully on its side and push it through using the guard that the end of the cob. Have a plate below to catch the kennels.
Step 5: Dice up the potatoes using the Chef Knife after peeling them with the 5 in 1 Universal Peeler into 1 inch cube like pieces. If the veggies are all about the same size everything will cook at the same rate.
Step 6: In the Microwave Pressure Cooker add onion, corn, garlic, thyme, paprika, and a pinch of the red paper flakes. Next add the potatoes, broth and heavy cream.
Step 7: Seal and cook on high power for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the microwave and allow the pressure to release naturally until the pressure indicator fully lowers.
Step 8: While you wait for the pressure to release you can cook the bacon in your preferred method. You can put the slices in the Stack Cooker Colander inside the 3 qt Stack Cooker and cover for 1 minute per slice or fry them up a different way. Set it aside to cool then crumble
Step 9: If you want it to be smoother – you can put it 1/2 at a time back into the Power Chef/SuperSonic Extra and blend it with the Chopping attachment then add it back to the Microwave Pressure Cooker. If you do not mind that it is not smooth you may skip this part!
Step 10: Add in the honey and both cheeses and replace the cover. Let it sit for about 2 minutes and it will melt and the chowder will thicken too.
Step 11: Using the Kitchen Tools Ladle – ladle the chowder into bowls, top with the bacon and additional cheese along with any fresh herbs you have left over. Feel free to use basil, thyme and oregano if you choose!
If you would like to always be in the know of Tupperware and future recipes please subscribe to my email newsletter that goes out 2-3 times a month by clicking this link: Subscribe now
If you do not have the items used and would like to purchase them feel free to Shop at my site and message me with any questions
Feel free to tag us on social too on Facebook or InstagramWe would love to see your results and hear how yummy they are! Feel free to share these recipes with a friend!
Support my local Tupperware business by purchasing any of the items above by using the product name in the search when you shop my site:
- Chop n Prep or SuperSonic Compact
- Power Chef or SuperSonic Extra
- Chef Knife
- 5 in 1 Universal Peeler
- Garlic Press
- Kitchen Tools Ladle
- Tupperware Microwave Pressure Cooker
- Measuring Mates set of Measuring Cups and spoons
- Vent n Serves for any that are left over.