Oven Baked Beef Stew with Cheesy Biscuits
In winter I love to have comfort foods. For me one of my favorites is Beef Stew! This is a baked version with Biscuits that is a 1 pot meal in our Ultra Pro Lasagna Pan
Helpful tip! If you want to cut down cooking time microwave the potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic a little longer in Microwave. On average cooking times in Microwave are 75% less than oven. So cooking in the microwave for 10 minutes could reduce oven time around 30 minutes. Using the Ultra Pro helps you decide how long you want to have the oven cook your stew for!
- 1 medium onion chopped in chopper of choice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped in chopper of choice (can be done with the onion)
- 1-2 ribs of celery thickly sliced
- 1/2 lb carrots peeled and thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 lb beef tri-tip cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 lb baby red potatoes quartered
- 1.5 tbs tomato paste
- 1.5 tbsp Worcestershire suce
- 16 oz No Salt Added Beef Stock, divided
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup beer or milk
- 1/4 cup shark cheddar cheese, shredded in Grate Master Shredder
- 1/4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
To prepare the stew, preheat oven to 355 degrees F.
- Place prepared onion, garlic and carrots in Ultra Pro Lasagna Pan.
- In a Thatsa bowl combine flour and salt and pepper Add beef cubs and toss to coat. (could possibly done in a Season Serve instead of a Thatsa Bowl too)
- Add beef and excess flour to Lasagna Pan, cover and microwave on High Power for 3- 6 minutes.
- Use the Tupperware Whisk to combine the tomato paste, Worcestershire Sauce and 1/2 cup beef stock in 2 cup Micro Pitcher.
- Add to Lasagna pan along with remaining stock. Stir to combine. Cover and transfer to oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
To Prepare Biscuits
- In Medium Thatsa Bowl combine biscuit baking mix, sugar, salt and pepper
- Add beer or milk to mixture. Mix until combined.
- Stir in cheese
- Remove stew from oven with potholders and uncover
- Invert cover and brush with oil
- Drop biscuit dough by tablespoonful into inverted cover making around 7 biscuits
- Stack cover over Lasagna Pan container the stew. Place together and bake for 30 minutes until biscuits are golden brown.
If you enjoyed this recipe please feel free to share it! If you would like to always be in the know of Tupperware and future recipes please subscribe to my email newsletter that goes out 2-3 times a month by clicking this link: Subscribe now
Support my local Tupperware business by purchasing any of the items above by using the product name in the search when you shop my site:
- Ultra Pro Roaster or Lasagna Pan
- Universal Series Chef Knife
- Smooth Chopper, Chop n Prep or Power Chef
- Micro Pitcher
- Grate Master Shredder
- Thatsa Bowl or Medium Thatsa Bowl
- Tupperware Ladle
- Tupperware Spatula
- Tupperware Whisk