Corned Beef Brisket
I grew up having Corned Beef and Cabbage made in a slow cooker for hours. What I love about the Tupperware Pressure cooker is that it takes meals that would need 6-8 hours to cook to be done in minutes. This Corned Beef recipe is no different – and in fact can be done in 25 minutes!
Some safety tips for our Pressure cooker before we get started:
- Always be sure to have a liquid of some sort covering what you are about to cook. I learned the hard way that not doing this leaves you with very burnt food. Trust me!
- When the pressure indicator is high do not open the pressure cooker. It will be bad! Just wait for it to go down – it will only be 5-10 minutes. During that time it will be perfect to warm up any extra items you may be adding to the meal.
- Wash the silicone ring & valves by hand. Be sure to know where they are when you go to dry them as well. The valves are tiny and not sold separately. You may have to replace the silicone after a while as it will naturally degrade over time.
- 1 Corned beef Brisket (2-3 lbs)
- 6-8 smaller potatoes (cut in half
- 1/2 head cabbage, roughly chopped
- Low Sodium Beef Stock to cover
- Place brisket, cut into quarters, into the Pressure Cooker around the edges.
- Add potatoes to the middle and cover with the Low Sodium Beef Stock until Roast & Potatoes are covered to the Max Fill line.
- Microwave for 25 minutes. Let pressure release.
- Remove meat, and let rest, covered for 10 minutes
- Add cabbage to the Pressure Cooker and reseal.
- The liquid will cook the cabbage to the tender stage while the roast is resting.
I love to serve ours with Irish Soda Bread.
If you would like to always be in the know of Tupperware and future recipes please subscribe to my email newsletter that goes out 2-3 times a month by clicking this link: Subscribe now
Support my local Tupperware business by purchasing any of the items above by using the product name in the search when you shop my site:
- Pressure Cooker
- Universal Series Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups and Spoons